Arrive on time and be prepared
- Check the time and date of your test twice and calculate the time you need to reach the test center. Keep in mind that you might not be permitted to take the test if you arrive late.
- Ensure that you have your ID with you before heading to the test center and make sure that you have the right one with you; otherwise you won’t be allowed to take the test.
Try to be calm and relaxed
- Remaining calm and relaxed at the test center is important. In case you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask our friendly staff who will be happy to help you. Make sure you read and understand the IELTS rules and regulations before the test. Check the IELTS Application Form to know more about these rules.
Follow the instructions
- You should switch off your mobile phone or any other electronic device you have and place them with your personal belongings outside the test room.
- You will take the Listening, Reading and Writing tests one after another with no breaks between each part. Each test takes 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Food is not allowed in the test room so make sure to have something to eat before the test session. The only thing allowed in the test room is a drink in a transparent bottle.
- Listening to the supervisor carefully and following the test day instructions are necessary. Before writing anything down, all candidates must read the instructions on the cover page.
- Read the questions carefully so that you don’t lose points for careless mistakes.
Stay aware of the time
- You are not allowed to have a watch in the test room. Test rooms are all equipped with wall clocks. Make sure to be aware of time so you can attempt all questions.
- The Listening, Reading and Writing tests consist of multiple sections; make sure to divide your time wisely between these sections.
- You can always follow the suggested time limits that some questions have.
Do your best
- Take deep breaths whenever you feel worried. This will help you calm down.
- Stay calm and focus on answering the questions with no rush, and we’re sure you’ll be able to perform to the best of your ability.