If you’ve taken a paper-based test, your Test Report Form will be available 13 days after you complete the test.
If you have taken a computer-delivered test , your results will be available in 3 to 5 days after your test.
IELTS for UKVI
If you have taken IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration, you can view your results 13 days after your test.
IELTS for Life Skills
If you have taken IELTS for Life Skills, results are available within 7 days after the test.
You will receive one copy of the form, or two copies if you are applying to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). You can arrange for your test centre to post this to you, or you can pick it up in person.
Getting your results via Online System
Viewing your results online
Your results will also be available to view online for 28 days. (This should not be used as an official confirmation of your performance).
You will need your passport or ID number (the same number you used when you registered for the test) and your candidate number.
If you have any questions or problems, contact us via this link.
Sending results to nominated organisations
When you book your test, you can nominate up to five organisations to be sent your IELTS test results on your behalf. This service is free of charge. Results can be sent to further nominated organisations for a small administration fee.
If you need to send additional IELTS results to organisations after the test date, then please contact us.
Requesting a Re-mark
If you are not happy with your result, you can apply for a review of your score(s) through a service called an Enquiry on Results (EOR).
During the review process:
- Test papers are re-marked by senior Examiners/Markers, who are not aware of the original marks awarded for each of the test section (Listening, Reading, Writing or Speaking).
- Your test centre is then notified of the re-mark result and if the mark has changed, they issue a new Test Report Form (TRF).
- The request for a re-mark must be made within six weeks of the date shown on your TRF at your test centre. You may ask to re-mark the whole test or any sections of it (Listening, Reading, Writing or Speaking).
You must pay an enquiry fee, which is fully refunded if your band score changes. More info here ...
Your result will normally be available in 2 to 21 days, depending on several factors including the number of sections requested for re-mark. If you have not received a response after 28 days, please contact your test centre.
Adding your IELTS Overall Band Score on LinkedIn
Your IELTS score is a trusted indicator of your language skills and something you can proudly showcase to potential employers around the world.
Stand out from the crowd by adding your IELTS Overall Band Score to your LinkedIn profile.
Here are some reasons to do this:
- You can demonstrate to employers you have taken the world’s most trusted test, so your score is an accurate representation of your ability to communicate where English is primary mode of communication.
- When you add your IELTS score to your profile, it will be posted on your LinkedIn feed so all your connections can see your achievement.
- With a complete LinkedIn profile you are more likely to be discovered by recruiters.
Your scores explained
Our test takers have told us that they would like to understand their results better, as well as receive tips on how they can improve their skills at each band score.
When you log in to check your result using our IELTS Online Results portals using the link provided by your test centre, you will now see a table with an explanation of your scores, and advice for improvement. This will be available to view, alongside your online results, for 28 days.